Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where am I? Who is this woman? Why is she dead?

Sun - Tues: ?????
Wed: 235 lbs.

So, i've been in Colorado the last few days for a wedding reception. Getting drunk at high altitudes and marveling at how many Hungarians live in the tiny city of Gunnison. There's a college there apparently.

The best thing i brought back with me are the memories of the best pizza i've ever had (sorry Doug). So, if you're ever in Crested Butte, Colorado, be sure to visit The Secret Stash. And be sure that you try the Notorious F.I.G. Who would have thought that prosciutto, fig, asiago cheese, bleu cheese, and truffle oil would give me a pizza boner, but holy shit it did.

Recent films:
"Red Belt" - David Mamet and Tim Allen involved in the same project? It's still fantastic.

"Conan The Barbarian" - I just had to. I love it.

"Altered States" - I'd been meaning to watch this for the last 15 years. It was pretty good, and it was cool to hear where a sample on Ministry's "Psalm 69" came from.

"Martin" - A Romero flick about a guy who might be a vampire or just bat shit. Awesome. And check out the early Tom Savini work, sans moustache.

Picked up:
Wet Hair - "Dream" and "Glass Fountain": Beautiful noise.

Health - "Get Color": More beautiful noise.

And "The Burglars" soundtrack by Morricone, a 7" by The Big Pink, and "Scott 2" by Scott Walker.

I haven't worked out since last Thursday. I ate hamburgers, and bison burgers, and delicious pizza in Colorado. I've been drinking more (pumpkin ale is back bitches). And i'm going to the San Antonio zoo tomorrow with the wifey-wife. I may be getting fatter, but happiness is the key. So, fuck you. Don't judge me.

...i'll be running again on Friday. So long vacation. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment