Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Favorite songs of the year so far...

2010 has turned out to be a pretty decent year for music thus far. Here' s 25 songs that kick my ass:

1. The Morning Benders - "Excuses"
2. Gonjasufi - "Sheep"
3. Girls - "End of The World"
4. Owen Pallett - "The Great Elsewhere"
5. Caribou - "Odessa"
6. Liars - "Scissor"
7. Gorillaz - "Stylo"
8. Crystal Castles - "Violent Dreams"
9. LCD Soundsystem - "Drunk Girls"
10. The Knife - "Colouring of Pigeons"
11. Javelin - "Oh! Centra"
12. Joanna Newsom - "Easy"
13. Twin Sister - "Lady Daydream"
14. Pantha Du Prince (feat. Panda Bear) - "Stick to My Side"
15. Maus Haus - "Winter"
16. Golden Triangle - "Cold Bones"
17. Harlem - "Friendly Ghost"
18. Kurt Vile - "Invisibility: Nonexistent"
19. Delorean - "Real Love"
20. Daedelus - "Order of Golden Dawn"
21. Sleigh Bells - "Crown on The Ground"
22. Washed Out - "You and I"
23. Dum Dum Girls - "Rest of Our Lives"
24. Gauntlet Hair - "I Was Thinking..."
25. Treasure - "Canada"

As usual, you can probably find all of these on The Hype Machine. That's probably a lot easier than having to go to a bunch of different blogs and websites.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed with Paige on Joanna Newsom. (Hi, Paige!)

    Good call on Owen Pallett, though I would have picked "Lewis Takes Off His Shirt."

    Glad to see respect being paid to Daedelus, though I haven't kept up with his latest work. (His first two albums -- Invention and Of Snowdonia -- are must-haves.)

    I'll have to listen to some of these other songs, since I haven't heard any new music this year I've been interested in besides Owen Pallett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-Love - when you get a chance shoot me an email with recommended bands/albums to check out. I am patently uncool and out of touch with today's music. You know my tastes, please accept this challenge.

    ReplyDelete