Sunday, December 5, 2010

Best album art

Just in case you thought i haven't made enough lists in the last 24 hours, here's another one. These are my top 5 album covers of the year. I chose all of these for purely aesthetic reasons. Some are arty, some are kitschy, but all of them are pretty fucking cool. So, here we go...


5.
Umberto's "Prophecy of The Black Widow" looks like the cover to some awesome European horror movie from the 70's. Funnily enough, the music sounds the same.

4.
Black Mountain's "Wilderness Heart" just looks rad. I like the band, but i would have bought this record without knowing what's on it, the album art is so cool.
3.
Gonjasufi's "A Sufi and A Killer" makes yet another list. I could stare at the cover for hours. It's hypnotising.

2.
Duck Sauce's "Barbara Streisand" makes me laugh every time i see it. That's why it's at #2.

1.
"Shangaan Electro: New Wave Dance Music from South Africa" is a great collection of inspired dance lunacy from South Africa. It also has one of the weirdest album covers i've ever seen, and i'm absolutely fascinated by it. It is my favorite by leaps and bounds.
So, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment