Saturday, May 3, 2014

Peter Matthew Bauer

I have a confession to make.  I was never really into The Walkmen.  I know they had a very fervent following, but they just never clicked for me.  I was actually a bigger fan of what came before (Jonathan Fire Eater), so i wasn't exactly heart broken when the band called it quits shortly after Fun Fun Fun Fest last year.  That being said, the new solo effort from former Walkmen member Peter Matthew Bauer is slowly creeping its way into my brain and staying there.  They album details life growing up in an Ashram, and then mixes folk and rock into this wonderful, spiritual and existential testament.  "Liberation!" feels deep and honest...and joyful.  Take a listen to the lo-fi "Philadelphia Raga" below and get the album on Mexican Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment