Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grouper - Call Across Rooms

Here's our first taste of the upcoming new album from Grouper.  "Call Across Rooms" is haunting mix of hushed vocals and piano...and it's devastating.  "Ruins" is due on Halloween from Kranky and Liz Harris' Yellow Electric label.  Read her description of the recording process:

"Recorded pretty simply, with a portable 4-track, Sony stereo mic and an upright piano.  When I wasn't recording songs I was hiking several miles to the beach.  The path wound through the ruins of several old estates and a small village.

The album is a document.  A nod to that daily walk.  Failed structures.  Living in the remains of love.  I left the songs the way they came (microwave beep from when power went out after a storm); I hope that the album bears some resemblance to the place that I was in."

Awesome.  Listen and download below.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment