Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Monster Squad

Easily one of my favorite movies when i was growing up, it wasn't until the last few years that i realized what a devoted following Fred Dekker's film has.  I saw a packed screening a decade ago with the director and some cast members in attendance, and everyone just went nuts.  I'm sure i did too.  And so, i'm stoked that the great folks at Mondo are releasing the a 7" featuring Michael Sembello's "Rock Until You Drop" and the end credits "Monster Squad Rap" on the B-side.  Are these songs good?  Probably not.  But the artwork on the single is amazing (4 variants featuring Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Wolfman, and Gillman), and the little kid in me would kick me until the day i died if didn't snag at least one of these up.  Watch the movie's montage scene that featured "Rock Until Your Drop" below and snag the Dracula or Wolfman records here tomorrow.

Time is almost up.  It's your last chance for pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment